Senior Pastor Opening
Senior Pastor Job Posting
Tega Cay Baptist Church (TCBC) is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention and part of the York County Baptist Association. We are a church nearing our 30th anniversary which aspires to reach our rapidly growing community in a mighty way for Jesus Christ! Our church is centered on our personal relationship with Christ and a desire to invest in our members and our community through small groups and outreach programs. Our culture is one that is rich in the truths of scripture, contemporary in worship, reliant on lay leadership and outreach/missions minded. We hope that our culture is contagious to the lost and nurturing to the hurting.
Tega Cay is a small community located approximately 20 miles south of Charlotte, North Carolina. Situated next to Fort Mill on the shore of Lake Wylie, this once weekend getaway community is rapidly becoming one of the primary residential locations for the greater Charlotte area. Tega Cay would be characterized as middle to middle/upper class in economic terms and relatively conservative in political terms. As a growing community, there is new commercial development for shopping, new residential subdivisions; and we are proud to say that our local public school system regularly ranks among the best in both Carolinas.
Tega Cay Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor to be the spiritual leader and overseer of our congregation. In collaboration with the Lay Elders he will develop and deploy the church’s vision to minister to the spiritual needs of the church, the community and the lost. Minimum experience of five years as an Associate Pastor or three years as a Senior Pastor is required as well as a Master’s Of Divinity Degree from seminary.
Personal Character and Gifting:
- Seeks to follow Christ daily under the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Competent in teaching and ministering from the entire Bible
- A visionary servant leader
- Able to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities
- A commitment to grow spiritually
- A desire to lead lost souls to Christ
- A team player
Responsibilities: The following is a representation of expectations, not an exhaustive list of job duties.
- Fill the pulpit regularly for Sunday worship services
- Administer the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism
- Maintain a godly lifestyle in both public and private, thereby providing a Christian role model
- Serve the spiritual needs of the church and community through vision casting, developing goals and metrics for spiritual maturity, and holding lay leaders accountable for spiritual growth and leadership development
- Shepherd the congregation by performing pre-marital counseling/marriages, hospital/shut-in visitation, follow-up with visitors/absent attenders and participating in ministries such as VBS
- Equip and train members for the work of the ministry including preaching and new members class
- Supervise and support church staff in their calling, both ministerial and non-ministerial
- Take part in continuing education