To Do, Or Not To Do?
Should a Christian dance, go to the movies, or play cards? What should he or she wear? What kind of music should be listened to? Can a child of God go out to lunch after church or mow their lawn on Sunday? How should a Christian decide whether or not to engage in certain activities that represent differences of opinion?
Here are some questions to help you apply wisdom to some gray issues of disputable matters.
1. Is the activity within the moral will of God?
2. Is the activity being done under the control of the flesh or the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:13-26)?
3. Could this activity become an addiction or enslave others (1 Corinthians 6:12)?
4. Does this activity go against my conscience (Romans 14:14)?
5. Could this activity damage my reputation as a follower of Christ (Romans 14:15)?
6. Can this activity be imitated by others (1 Corinthians 10:33 – 11:1)?