Annual Ministry Fair
Definitions for Spiritual Gifts:
EVANGELISM: passionately leading others to the saving knowledge of Christ.
TEACHING: making clear the truth of God’s Word with simplicity and accuracy
EXHORTATION: motivating others to action, application and purpose
SHEPHERDING: overseeing, training, feeding, coaching, and leading others
SERVING: providing practical help both physically and spiritually
MERCY-SHOWING: identifying with and comforting those in need
GIVING: releasing material resources to further the work of the Church
ADMINISTRATION: organizing, administering, promoting, leading
TCBC ACTS MINISTRY PLAN
Elder Body Oversight:
Ministry Groups (3): Missions, Stewardship, Discipleship
Deacon Body Oversight:
Ministry Groups: (7): Fellowship, Mercy, Worship, Welcome, Operations, Children, Students
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long is my commitment to serve?
You are committing to serve for one year – September 1 through August 31.
- What are the qualifications for being a Team leader?
- Member preferred, but not required in all teams
- Regularly attending corporate worship (Heb. 10:24-25).
- Engaged in the life of the church.
- Serve based on giftedness.
- What do I do if I have a new ministry idea?
Members are encouraged to think of new and exciting ways our church can minister to others. The member would:
1) Have a passion for the new ministry and assume leadership for it.
2) Fill out a New Ministry request form (available on-line).
3) Meet with the assigned Elder or Deacon to explain vision & details.
4) Research details of the ministry, including benefits to the church’s vision and Kingdom growth.
5) The Elder or Deacon in this ministry group would present the proposal for the new ministry for approval at a combined Elder/Deacon meeting.
- What is the next step?
You will be contacted by someone to let you know which Teams you will be serving on. Some Teams might have too many people so you may not be able to serve on all Teams you sign up for. The Elders and Deacons will work with their Teams to help each one choose a Team Leader.